Change Product Key Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019 via cmd
- Click Start and type CMD in the Start Search menu
- Right Click and choose Run as administrator
- To remove any existing product key (in case you used a trial key), enter and run the command slmgr.vbs /upk .
- Clear the product key from registry by running slmgr.vbs /cpky
- To enter your new product key, use the command: slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx where the x’s are your actual product key.
- Lastly, activate Windows by entering the command slmgr.vbs /ato
- Windows is now activated.
to check windows activation status type:
slmgr /xpr and hit enter